The Spanish Golden Visa is a way to gain a residence permit In Spain, primarily for people living outside the EU. Effectively, it allows you to 'buy' your residency permit and this will cover your spouse & any children under 18.
You can invest in a number of ways – however the most common way is through buying real estate. If you make a net purchase of 500,000 Euros (i.e. any purchase tax is not included in the 500,000 Euros) then you can apply for the Golden Visa. You can buy several properties that amount to 500,000 Euros, a single property for that price or a property that is over 500,000 Euros (with your equity always amounting to a minimum of 500,000 Euros).
If you buy a property for 500,000 Euros and you are granted a Golden Visa then this will mean that you gain:
1. Resident's permit for a year
2. Entry to all EU countries covered by the Schengen Treaty.
3. Easy renewal of your residency permit
4. The right to work as an employee or business owner
To maintain the validity of
your residency permit you must visit
You will need:
- Proof that you have spent 500,000 Euros or more (before taxes) on property i.e. a certificate of registration of your property from the Land Registry
- valid passport valid for 1 year or more
- 2 passport sized photographs
- Proof of finances i.e. that you can maintain yourself, as defined by the regulations
- Marriage certificate and birth certificates if you are applying for your wife and children
- Proof of no criminal record
- Medical cover i.e. private medical cover
The process from application to receipt of your residence permit is normally quick (i.e. within a month)